Another delicious pasta bake – which features Jack & Eddie’s Finest Pork Sausages and asparagus. Great option for feeding the whole family and also keeps well for lunch the next day. Serves 6.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 Jack & Eddie’s Finest Pork Sausages, skin removed, meat crumbled
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 500ml milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 400g penne pasta
- 5 or 6 sprigs of coarsely chopped asparagus
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the oil and gently cook the shallots with a pinch of salt for 4-5 minutes or until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Crumble in the sausage meat and fry until coloured on all sides.
- Add the tomatoes and vegetable stock, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and turn down the heat. Simmer for 10 minutes while you make the white sauce.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and stir to mix. Cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Slowly add the milk, bit by bit, whisking as you add to prevent any lumps from forming.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 5 minutes to thicken slightly then remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile cook the penne in a pan of salted boiling water according to the packet instructions.
- Once cooked, drain and pour into the pan with the sausage and tomato mixture.
- Add the chopped asparagus and parsley and mix well. Pour this into a medium-sized ovenproof baking dish.
- Pour over the white sauce and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until bubbling and golden.