This is a perfect summer bbq treat. #Tzatziki is a healthy sauce and kids love it. We like to barbecue the Jack & Eddie’s white pudding. You’ll be amazed how this changes the flavour. Just break it up and put it in a hot pita which you can also grill on the barbecue. Add your favourite salad and then add the tzatziki. Here is how you can make your own homemade tzatziki.
- ½ a large cucumber
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x 500g tub of strained Greek yoghurt
- 1 small bunch of fresh dill
- a few sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Pita breads
- Jack and Eddie’s White Pudding
- Slice the cucumber in half lengthways and cut or scrape out the centre– this is where most of the water content is. Grate the remaining cucumber.
- Finely dice or mince the garlic and add to the olive oil.
- Chop up the fresh herbs and mix with the cucumber, garlic in oil and yoghurt.
- Squeeze in lemon and add salt and pepper to taste.